Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Is My Focus Solely Lateral?

I've been reading "The Story" and it strikes me particularly at how much God uses generations of families to tell His Story! It is so important to invest in our families because it will impact future generations!

I think that when most people feel a calling to positively impact people, we tend to look at our purpose and the world so laterally (the present), but by investing in your own personal family, you are making a huge vertical impact on hundreds and thousands of people ahead, in the future.

It's also cool to see how God used the most messed up families possible! When you start shaking your head at your back-stabbing, murderous, cheating brother, remember the grace that God had on murderers like David and Moses. Not only did He have grace, but He fulfilled His purpose in miraculous ways through their lives.

So, I need to figure out if I am doing everything I can for those that I love and influence the very most in this world!! My family!!!

No comments: