Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mommy Daughter Day is Crucial to Our Survival

I have 2 smart, beautiful daughters. They both have completely different personalities, but I have to admit, I really have it EASY as far as raising them goes!!! I get to stay home with Audree and spend lots of time with her. Emily is in full day K during most of the day... But, about once every 6 weeks or so, my sweet Emily, well isn't so sweet...

During this time, Jake and I can't figure out what in the world is wrong with her. Is someone hurting her feelings at school, is she going through a stage, is her personality changing, what??? I think I pull out most of my hair then too!! :) And then, about 2 weeks later, it hits us, oh she needs "mommy time!"

I feel like I spend lots of time with her, but when I think about it, it's with Audree, the family... someone. She just needs about half a day of alone time with me, and she is good to go for a while!! Today we went to IHOP, went to the hair salon, mall, and then the nail salon. She was on cloud 9!!!!! And I have to admit, I was too!!!!

After our extremely girlie alone time together, she will hang the moon for me if I ask her to!! I just need to remember.... MOMMY TIME!!!!

2 comments:

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Way to go Mom!

Cristina said...

Love this reminder. My daughter has been asking for a Mommy date, so that is on the agenda this weekend.