Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Random Joys

Geek Out Monday
Yes, I said it. Jake and I have embraced the geek inside of us. Every Monday night we have a geek fest after we put the kids down to bed. He works on our home finances and music spreadsheets, and I work on stuff for the kids at church, and facebook of course! We look forward to it and really enjoy what we are doing for some bizzare reason. Well, that is probably because we allow our inner geekiness to come out!!! :)

Dates, Dates, and More Dates!!!!
Am I in college again??? Seriously thanks to our good friends, Amy and Andy, our church, Northview Community Church, and Jake's sister, Katie, we have gone out 3 times this week!!!! The first date we went to Poblano's (my favorite) and Barnes and Noble, the second Taco Cabana and saw "The Book of Eli," and the third we went to the OKC Thunder game with Amy and Andy!!! I mean, we have been totally spoiled. This is like college all over again.. Movies, bookstores, dinner, and a game....with another couple... Who says I have to grow up? Well, I can live in denial for a little while anyway! :)

Girls Love Flowers
Beautiful Red Tiger Striped roses for me and single pink roses for the girls....I don't know what it is about a girl getting flowers, but it has the same effect on my 5 year old that it does for me. A bright smile where your eyes light up...Flowers just make you feel like a princess, it is romantic, and honestly just makes love that much sweeter!!! Thanks Jake for putting smiles on your princesses' faces!!!!

Walking on My Back
Now, I know this sounds strange, but ahhhh it was great!!! Emily walked up and down my back and helped Audree do the same. It was wonderful for us all. The girls felt like they were on a "moon bounce" (guess I've gotta lotta fluff), my back was being popped, and well, there's nothing like spending time with your kids on the floor!!! We all get the mutual feeling that says... I would rather be here playing on the floor with you than be anywhere else in the world. When I look back after my kids are grown, those are the moments that will mean the most.

Diet Root Beer and TV
I have a definite addiction to TV. I used to be embarassed to admit that I spend that much time watching TV, but I am soooo passed that. I just thoroughly enjoy it! Let me name all of the shows I like to watch....Lost, The Bachelor, Modern Family, The Middle, Medium, Big Love, Frasier, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Community, ghost shows, AFV, Extreme Home Makeover... Can't even name them all!!!! I love them because, Jake and I get to sit for a couple of hours together, on the couch alone, sipping on a long neck diet rootbeer and watch these shows together. I can't explain how much we enjoy this down time together, but I do know that it has been crucial to Jake and I's ability to stay connected as a couple with all the craziness around us....

Pallets, Extreme Home Makeover, and AFV
A thick pallet using all availabe comforters and blankets, with all of the pillows in the house piled on top, coupled with Extreme Home Makeover and AFV describes our family somehow. ah... its just us... on a pallet, cuddled together, enjoying the show... family memories are made on that pallet!!!

It's these random things that make my life full, joyful, and rich. We all know that the day to day battles, strains, stresses, fights, sass, drama, etc... is weaved in and out of those random things, but the random and simple things that happen daily are where I find joy!!!

1 comment:

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Amber, your thoughts on you and Jake reminded me of this year's Valentine from Mal. "What I love about us is how good we are together. We're partners and friends. We're there for each other, no matter what comes along. What I love about us is how much we enjoy each other's company and knowing that nothing in the world is more important than just being together." Thanks for sharing how simply joy can be found in our lives.