Friday, October 10, 2008

Optimism

I was sitting here having one of my pity parties, which has become a fairly common thing in my life right now. It is definitely NOT something I am proud of. Anyway, I was looking for answers, encouragement, anything feeling desperate to shake this feeling of depression. I read Romans 8 from the Message, and it helped me look up tonight instead of in.

If you have a chance, take the time to read it. This is the kind of optimistic outlook on life that I strive to have. I have a very obvious physical problem that is leading to lots of emotional stuff, but I know everyone has something that is just weighing them down that is probably invisible to those around us. Anyway, really take time to read this and let me know if it encouraged you like it did me!!!!

1 comment:

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Amber, thanks for the reminder that we can be optimistic in the face of great trials. This chapter definitely encouraged me and was good timing since my eyes and thoughts were becoming fixed on "the disordered mess of struggling humanity." Instead of looking at situations without hope we can live "adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" Let us look forward to the "good times with him!"