Sunday, August 24, 2008

Life Unpredictable

Life sure is interesting. About 3 weeks ago I was tweeting "I love life" randomly in the middle of the day. I moved into a new house, got to swim with my kiddos and one of my friends every other day, my job was going smoothly, and of course loving being married to my hubby.

Then Boom! Life throws curve balls at you. I got into a wreck and had to share an ambulance with my 4 year old and leave my 8 mo. old on the side of the road with strangers and a police officer. Grace was okay. But for me it led to surgery, which led to me not being able to walk on my right foot for what will be a total of at least 8 weeks. Boom! Something else that I can't write about! Boom! Faith needs tubes in her ears! Boom! Boom! Boom!

I mean, isn't that the way it always goes. It all comes at the same time! satan sure likes to kick you when you are down!!!!

Wow! I struggle with feeling sorry for myself, but really how can I? Blessings came out of all of these tragedies. Now I wouldn't have opted to receive these blessings in this way, but I can't deny them!!!

Blessings.....
  • I get to spend lots of time with my husband and kids!
  • I get to spend lots of time with God and learn to fully trust Him!
  • I get to spend lots of time with my Mom!
  • My husband is waiting on me hand and foot, and he almost always opens the door for me now! (I love you babe!)
  • Those that I am close to have revealed their true colors to me. I have learned some things about friends that are really disappointing, but I have incredible friends that have really stepped up and taken care of me as a result of it!!!
  • God has used this opportunity to produce new leaders in the children's ministry!
  • I have been broken down to the core and have had to make my choices based on FAITH and FAITH alone!!!! God hasn't let me down!!!!
So, would I choose these things to happen? No. Do I think God caused these tragedies for me to learn from? Of course not! But I do believe that He can be seen in all situations, and He is holding my hand through these tragedies!

So, I just have to look up right now. And not only that, I have to remember to focus on looking up when I'm tweeting "I love life!" Not just when I am desperate!

3 comments:

Regular, with half and half and raw sugar said...

I love this post. Very inspiring!

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Your faith and trust in God is inspiring.

I too have experienced life going along as planned and then all of sudden - boom - flat on my back with neck pain for months.

God has a way of getting our attention and slowing us down. Both of which are blessings in disguise.

Praying for your continued healing.

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Just trying my password again.