Friday, August 29, 2008

One of my most EMBARRASSING moments

So I had to go to this meeting yesterday that was very intimidating. I didn't no anyone really well, so I felt really uncomfortable going to this meeting in the first place. Since, I broke my ankle, I am wearing this big bulky cast and of course using crutches, so it's hard not to draw attention to myself anyway.

Well, I go into the meeting and say hi to a few people and try to sneak in to sit at a table in the back where I can prop my foot up as inconspicuously as possible. It is hard to not draw some attention to myself because of my situation, but I was trying.

I set up my chairs and put both crutches in one hand. I was trying to balance on one foot to sit down in one chair and prop my foot up on the other. So anyway.... I lost my balance. I knew I was going to fall so I dropped my crutches which made a huge bang on the table. This got everyone's attention.

Everyone started looking over at me in horror because they couldn't reach me, and I was the poor girl with the broken foot falling!!!

I decided that I couldn't fall on my broken foot, but knew I had no choice but to fall. I chose to fall on the table. I fell on the table and made a huge crashing, banging sound. Everyone in the whole room was staring at me and they all had this look on their faces like they did not know how to react!!!

I didn't know what else to do, I didn't want them to feel sorry for me, so I just threw up my hands and really loudly said "Hey Guys I'm here, I just wanted to make sure you all knew that I was here." Everyone, on my lead, started laughing. We all felt better to have the awkwardness broken.

But OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Seriously that is like a bad dream or something!!!!! I was already uncomfortable!!!! Seriously!!!

I really thought it was funny and am still laughing about it, but it is definitely on my top list of MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENTS!!!

4 comments:

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Oh my! I think you made the best of an awkward situation. I hope you're okay and you didn't dent the table. Any bruises? I'm glad you protected your ankle.

Austin Mom's Spot said...

OK, that's funny! I think that's the first time I laughed today! :)

Anonymous said...

at least you knew how to handle it! Sorry I didn't go to a) catch you (cause I would have walked with you) or b) laugh at you and then tell the story to everyone here. you are great!

Anonymous said...

I like reading the embarrassing moments. Maybe I'm the guy who take delight in other people's embarrassing moments.

olol

I recommand a website for you, I read the embarrassing moments everyday in the website.

http://www.YourEmbarrassingMoments.com