Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good News, Gross News, and Bad News

Thank you so much for your prayers. I had my appointment today.

Good news - I got my cast off and am into a boot! :)

Gross News - I can braid my leg hairs! :P

Bad news- I can't walk on it for 6 more weeks! :(

Needless to say, I am pretty bummed today! If you could keep me in your prayers, please. My worse case scenerio was that I couldn't walk for 2 more weeks, so when they told me 6 weeks, I was pretty much in MAJOR SHOCK!

Why do I have a boot but can't walk? I can put a little bit of pressure on the boot using my crutches for a few minutes each day and have to do excersizes that I couldn't do with a cast to build strength, but that is it. There is improvement, just not as far as what I can do physically. It totally stinks!!! I thought that getting into a boot meant walking within a week or 2. Apparently that is not the case!!!! STINK!!!

5 comments:

Bethany, Phillip & Nolan said...

That's great that you got it off, but will be praying for you. 6 more weeks...that is crazy! Be careful and follow the rules though. AND just think...only 3 more days till we go to DALLAS!!!

Pink Happens said...

You're in my prayers too!! we need you back and healed soon!!
so why a boot but you can't walk on it? makes no sense to me ... but like Bethany said - you better follow directions!!

Amber Elder said...

I can put a little bit of pressure on it using my crutches for a few minutes each day, but that is it. There is improvement, just not as far as what I can do physically. It totally stinks!!! I thought that getting into a boot meant walking within a week or 2.

I can't wait for DALLAS!!!! WAHOO!!! Seriously, perfect timing!! I need that trip now more than ever!!!

chargerrt said...

Sorry you don't get to walk for six more weeks, but at least you do get to walk again. I always try to be gratefull for what I have and not worry to much about what I don't have and things that I can't change. Some people have accidents and never get to walk again, so it could be worse. Good luck and I hope the weeks go by quickly.

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Just thought of a song you probably aren't singing in your boot - "These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do. One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you!" Old Nancy Sinatra song. Maybe Jake will sing it for you!
Enough of this sillyness (sp?). I've got a philosophy paper to write!