Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"I Guess I'll Eat a Worm"

Nobody likes me,
Everybody hates me,
I guess I'll eat a worm,
Big ones,
Fat ones,
Little ones,
Skinny ones,
I guess I'll eat a worm!

This is the song that my mom used to sing to me when I was feeling sorry for myself growing up. It usually made me laugh and cheered me up, sometimes it egged me on. :)

As of right now, I've snapped out of my funk! And I'm gonna "just be positive, positive, don't be negative, negative!" Okay, I'll admit that I've lost it, but at least I've lost it and am happy.

Let's see...
Emily's school had a Chuck E. Cheese fundraiser night tonight. Each child got a sticker that promised them 10 free tokens if they took it with them, and Chuck E. Cheese actually made an appearance at the school. Brilliant!!! On a Tues. night, Chuck E. Cheese was full of kids who high fived Chuck E. Cheese in the hallway at school. I actually really had a great time!! I love watching kids, especially my own, get so excited about simple things, in this case pizza and games.

Oh yes, Audree cut her first tooth today!!!!!

Pray for my baby girl as she gets tubes put in her ears tomorrow morning at 8 am. I know it is a fairly simple and common procedure, but my baby is having surgery.

One more thing....thanks for all of the encouragement yesterday and today. It was needed!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Poor little Audree! If you guys need anything let me know.

Anonymous said...

how did the surgery go? I have been praying for you guys today!

Anonymous said...

Emaw said Audree was mad as a wet hen when the surgery was done. Me things that little girl takes after her mommy. Payin' fer your raisin'.

Anonymous said...

we sang that song growing up ALL the time!!! that just makes my heart happy :)