Monday, September 29, 2008

The Message

To be honest, I'm really struggling tonight. I'm needing to let go of a lot of bitterness toward someone that has really hurt and betrayed me in the worst way! Let me tell you it is HARD! I am so tempted to allow hate to enter into my life, and I am praying everything in my power to steer away from hate. It is evil and will ruin my life! I went to Psalms for empathy and encouragement. Here is one that I am going to hold on to for the next couple of days!
Psalm 16
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=23&chapter=16&version=65

3 comments:

The World According to B... said...

Amber... you are trully a woman of God and I look up to you so much.. I just hope someday I can impact the kids at northview how you have :)

Brooke...

Regular, with half and half and raw sugar said...

Something that helps me is praying for that person. I usually don't want to do it at all, but when I do, the bitterness is most often melted away.

chargerrt said...

Maybe trying to understand their side of what they did might help. There are usually two sides to everything. I also usually figure that we can't have good without bad, light without darkness, happiness with out sadness and I guess, love without hate. Hope you figure out the best way to deal with this person and whatever they did.