Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm Hanging Out in My Chair with My Green Cast

Really, that has been my life for over a month now! If you talk to me, anytime, email me anytime, there is about a 90% chance when you ask me what I am doing I will say the title of this blog. :)

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU FOR PRAYING FOR MY FAMILY!!!!! They survived! They do not have power and many trees have come to the end of their lives, but my family is safe and sound!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Next, I have to admit that I have no life, but I must say "THANK YOU LORD FOR LAPTOPS!!!!!" I do have quite a virtual life right now. :)

Seriously, I'm not bored one bit!!!! Jake set a printer up for me, TV trays all around me, and I've gotten more work done than I ever have!!!

Other things I've been able to do because I literally can't move....
  • create this blog
  • create another blog about Craig Groeschel's book "It" www.getitandkeepit.blogspot.com check it out :)
  • keep up with other people's blogs
  • make a million more friends on facebook
  • learn the new facebook - Dude, I'm really trying to stay positive and keep repeating to myself "change is not bad, I just have to get used to it!" Can I get an AMEN!?!
  • planned NVKids' series through the end of Oct. and began into Nov. (if you know me I am usually just trying to keep up week to week)
Okay, you have to make comments, I am literally "hanging out in my chair with my green cast" waiting to see if you leave a comment, please. It's sorta like opening a Christmas present!!!!! It can be random, just like my posts. Pretty please...:)

7 comments:

Austin Mom's Spot said...

Hey Amber, don't worry I have no life either and my foot's not smashed, I'm in a city that I still don't know very many people. Trying to stay positive too:) Except I don't have any of those good drugs you speak of:) Miss you guys!

Lambchop's Mimi said...

I'm about to have no life either. I start another class on Monday, but really need to start posting comments and reading tomorrow. My week of freedom has flown by. This class will be challenging for this simple-minded Mimi. It's philosophy and ethics. Sounds and looks very complicated to me. Please pray for me.

We are getting lots of rain tonight. Supposed to get 6-8 inches with the remains of Ike coming through our area.

I'm glad you don't have any chair sores (as opposed to bed sores)from sitting so long in your chair with your green cast!

Give everyone a hug and kiss for me. Even Jake.

Erin said...

Having a life is overrated. haha :) Congrats on the multiple blogs! I'm SOOOO glad our Atascocita Trails isn't too damaged. My parents have a tree on their house and some of their gutters fell, but no major damage. Praise the LORD! Viva la Humble!

Lambchop's Mimi said...

I can't get to sleep so got up. It's 1:30 and the wind is so bad it's scaring me that we will have one of our big trees on our house by morning. It happens a lot here because the tree's roots aren't very deep and when it rains a lot they fall down. :{

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Wish I had a cupcake!

Jake said...

Fortunately or unfortunately, becasue of your no life, i have a life. A life of drawing bathes and refilling diet cokes...

Anonymous said...

Alane, become a Hippie and you'll fit right in there in Austin. No, that's not burning pine needles you smell in the air...